Bow View Manor's Commitment
In keeping with our philosophy "The Preservation of Dignity and the Pursuit of Happiness", we believe in the residents' right to expect a high standard of care and the freedom to make choices. When residents are unable to identify their own needs and desires, members of the family are involved in making decisions.
We believe our residents are entitled to:
- Privacy when receiving care or treatment and access to a comfortable visiting area.
- Treatment with dignity and to be spoken to in a courteous manner respecting one as an adult.
- Manage one's own financial affairs, whenever reasonably possible.
- Receive assistance and encouragement to attain the maximum level of self care and independence.
- Be provided with information on various services pertaining to residents.
- Receive assistance to participate in the activities offered and be provided with opportunities which stimulate the intellect.
- Have care provided regardless of one's colour, creed, cultural background, religion or financial status.
- Be included in one's care planning and have all care and treatment explained in easily understood terminology, allowing the resident and or family the right to determine the manner and extent of treatment.
- Be provided with palliative care ensuring privacy and comfort.
- Confidentiality in matters of personal, financial and medical records.
- Be provided with opportunities to attend religious services and have one's religious beliefs respected.
- Have adequate and nutritious food consistent with dietary requirements, personal choice, religious and cultural beliefs.
- Expect all staff to be informed of and to assume that all staff will respect the above rights.
In keeping with Bow View Manor's philosophy "The Preservation of Dignity and
the Pursuit of Happiness" we, the residents of Bow View Manor acknowledge
that we also have responsibilities and a commitment to Bow View Manor and
its staff and do therefore vow to:
- Respect Bow View Manor's policies and procedures.
- Be courteous and considerate of fellow residents, roommates, table companions and staff.
- Comply with smoking regulations at all times.
- Cooperate promptly in fire and evacuation drills.
- Treat Bow View Manor's furnishings, linens and all supplies with care.
- Safeguard personal possessions by marking appropriately for identification and using reasonable precautions to protect belongings.
- Participate in Bow View Manor's activities whenever possible.
- Show sensitivity to the needs of fellow residents.
- Report to Nurse in Charge anything that requires immediate attention (e.g. injuries, medical problems, security, etc.)
- Give Nurse in Charge the opportunity to correct a complaint or grievance by speaking to her directly.
- Notify Nurse in Charge prior to leaving the building.
* Approved at the December 1991 meeting of the Residents' Council, Mrs. Betty Hodson presiding.
Residents and families should show discretion on amount of furniture being brought into Bow View Manor due to Fire Codes and respect for roommates.
Care centre services, including respite and adult day support programs, are accessed through Transition Service, Community Health Resources, Calgary Health Region.
To make a referral or receive information, call Transition Services at (403) 943-1920.